Do you like chocolate or do you LOVE chocolate? Hopefully the latter.
This peanut butter chocolate pudding recipe is thick and creamy and really hits the spot. It’s chocolate-y and peanut butter-y and heavenly.
I made this recipe way back in August and I have not been able to stop thinking about it. I’m excited to finally be sharing it on the blog.
Let’s get this chocolate!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding
- 1 can coconut cream or thick coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (sifted)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch chopped honey roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
In a medium saucepan over low heat combine all of the ingredients until melted together. Chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or until set. Top with chopped honey roasted peanuts or your choice of whipped cream and enjoy!
- Do not use the Trader Joe’s coconut cream. I’m sure this cream is fine for other recipes (and normally I have zero issues with TJ’s products) however when I used it to pilot this recipe things got weird — it caused the pudding to adopt a strange curdled consistency and it separated the oils out of the peanut butter. I had to toss it out because it was just yuck. Big sad face.
- If you like your pudding really chocolate-y up the cacao powder to 1/2 cup vs. 1/4
- If you don’t have maple syrup on hand honey will work too.
If you make this recipe, let me know at @stayfreshfer. I’d love to see! Thank you for reading.